Yesterday we left Fladbury for a very leisurely drive to Chester. Tootling down country lanes flanked with prim hedgerows, pheasant hopping across the road from one field to another, lambs and their mums with their fluffy white fleece and ever so sweet little black faces and passing from one picture perfect village to another. We stopped at a little cafe for morning tea....right by the side of a lock and we watched the canal boats going through. Then on-on to Chester....well Greater Barrow first, to drop of the ever increasing luggage. Oh goodness and we haven't been here a week yet..yikes.
First stop was a trip to Cheshire Oaks, an outlet complex. Straight to one of Paul's favourite menswear shops, Ben Sherman, to get a jacket...bingo...mission accomplished. He scored a nice warm coat, so I may be forgiven now for removing the down jackets from the cases? Next stop was a shop for some boots for moi....so...we come all the way to the UK to buy...UGG boots. Heeled ones...very warm.
After a flying visit there went to Chester itself and had some lunch in a lovely little cafe on The Rows...a level above street level....again a brilliant meal in utterly brilliant surroundings
Today we get up....and it is sunny and warm, what the dickens???? Murphy's Law at work???? I feel I have now sealed the deal weatherwise...it will be hot for the rest of the trip...hehehehe.
We finished off a perfect day yesterday at a hotel recommended by one of our fellow bar flies here...The Boot...in Willington, yes Willington not Wellington...it was brilliant...out in the countryside a hidden gem nestled amongst farms with a magnificent view. Dinner was to die for...Whitby Scampi for myself and liver (yuk) for the Badger (I don't cook offal...so he was very happy). then it was back to our hotel the White Horse for a nightcap with our new best friends.
Today we popped into Wales...Mold , where Paul grew up. It was Market day...oh dear...the man with his magnificent Yorkshire Pork Pies was there again...I fear I shall return home the size of a house.
Thursday, 21 April 2016
Chester
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment