Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Our last day in Sheffield

So today is our last day here and with the family.
The last couple of days have been so relaxing, taking in the sights, taking in the antique markets...and I did buy a couple of little items to bring home...
Relaxing in the huge tub in the afternoons with bubbles (bath bubbles thank you very much... not Champagne), lots of laughs and lots of amazing food....thanks to Bev.
Paul has been enjoying the soccer live and.... in the middle of the day instead of the wee small hours.  He has even been to a live match.
Today we went to a sleepy little village called Everton.  Great great great + grandparents, Colgraves,  were married there in seventeen o' five (excuse the long hand....I have no 'one' digit...due to this tablet's  keyboard altercation with a glass of water, apparently it wasn't thirsty)  ...but I digress....the church has been on the site since the thirteen hundreds.  It was awe inspiring to stand in the very church that the G'parents had been wed all those years ago.  The village was delightful.
Later we met up with some of the rest o the clan , about ten of us, for lunch at the Bowshaw Inn...we had the biggest roast dinner...the size of the Yorkshire puddings...amazing (I can just about hear Victoria having a coronary from here...I know how she loves a roast hehehe)...I cannot believe I ate the lot. (I'd use an exclamation mark...but due to the said altercation with the water...'haven't got one of those either)  It was great catching up with these wonderful people...and a lot more laughing was done.
The bluebells are all coming out at the moment as the English spring gets under way and the plants are waking up.  Bluebells were one of my mum's favourites.  It was so lovely to see them out in the woods where we scattered my parent's ashes last year...such a beautiful spot....so tranquil and overlooking
Sheffield in the distance.
Tomorrow we are off on another adventure, to Whitby, home of Bram Stoker's Dracula and Captain James Cook... and no doubt a lot more...oh yes...Whitby jet...jewellery as worn by Queen Victoria (...Paul...where is that credit card?)
I thought we were off to Edinburgh...I actually have no idea where I'm going..so you'll all be pleased to know I am my normal self...never any jolly idea where I am going or what I'm doing.
Just having a little curl up and relax and on the sofa now with a magazine Bev has given me to peruse and let the dinner digest...and  looking forward to the fish finger butties we've been promised later.  Simple pleasures...you can't beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment