Arrived Bordeaux this afternoon...reluctantly...very very reluctantly left the sanctuary of the cave.
The initial impression of Bordeaux on the approach was a bit meh ...looked like a huge sprawling mass of modernity, industry and a hint of squaller..then ooolarlar...we turned into another precinct and found this glorious apartment. It's an old apartment building right on the waterfront....with a plethora of trendy cafes and restaurants. Ten out of ten again Badger. The last 2 nights have been off the scale...brilliant. Troglodyte sounds like such an insult...but I'd happily be a cave dweller permanently.
We are here for the next 4 nights so I've unpacked. 'Arhhh' -sigh of contenment-Living out of a suitcase can be a bit trying. At least when you get a chance to unpack into a wardrobe you reacquaint yourself with what's actually in there....it's a bit like Christmas.
I'm looking out of the windows over the river and apart from the boats bobbing about and the 'beautiful people' promenading the bank....I've spotted the spires of two old churches...does this mean we'll be church bells bonging in the morning as we've had from time to time?...I love that. 'Will have to open the windows though..the double glassing is pretty good..cannot hear a thing outside at the moment.
So now...after throwing the clothes in the much appreciated washing machine and doing a spot of ironing of the crumpled up garments (rolling works well...but when they have been squashed and rummaged through in a hurry it takes it's toll)....I'm now ready to hit the town. It's now nearly 5.30pm ...better get out soon Badger...before I crash and burn...I'm not as young as I used to be and it's a bit of walk into town...mmm... I think he may be snoozing on the sofa...thought he'd been quiet for too long.
PS: We are both jolly frustrated by the auto correct ...driving us insane...and for me that is indeed a short trip. The phone is by far the most frustrating, so again I apologise for the appalling spelling...some of it isn't my fault. The jolly thing changes what you've typed...so with much difficulty one tries ones best to proof read and 're-correct'...then blow me down if once it's posted it #*^@~#* it has decided to go with what it wants anyway...arrrhhhhh.... (I'd use an exclamation mark there...but remember the water incident?...don't have one..well I do if I disconnect the keyboard...but meh)
Saturday, 7 May 2016
Bordeaux
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment