Friday, 20 May 2016

Burgundy

How can we leave tomorrow?  I am just not ready.
As for the Michelin restaurant?...closed again...and so was everything else apart from the little wine bar directly across the cobbled street..why? meh it's Thursday?
Anyway....we have had the best day.  Just relaxing, got up late, watched some stuff on our tablets, tried to watch French TV but our French is way way too bad.  Had a walk...had another walk.   Talked to Val and Alan via facebook...how brilliant was that. I'm still a novice at a lot of this techno stuff...but I am loving it.
Tried to find some dinner...but alas...everything was shut...even the grocer by the time we popped our heads out the door.
Yikes sustenance...fuel????  The only place opened was the little bar.  Again...what a lovely experience.  Husband and wife shop and only too happy to help.  So a glass of wine and chartuterie ....a little platter of cheese and the amazing goods from the boucherie/chartuterie 2 doors down...so that was entree....and thanks to what I am sure was my mother in my ear the other day telling me to get some pasta...we are having Mac/Jac cheese...French style.  Made with what could be the most expensive but delectable cheese in the world...bought from the market the other day..and the said pasta.  Life is good harharhar.
PS.  our second walk included finding the ruins of the chateau....heavens...it nearly killed us....up a mountain side like 2 mountain goats...and when we got there...fascinating...then a little further walk and we found a make shift look out...and for the first time in flipping 5 weeks...I'd left the phone/camera behind..thinking I'd seen it all...idjit (I need that exclamation mark arhhh) The view was incredible...over the whole medieval village from such a height....amazing.  However, that is going to have to be filed in the memory bank...for there is no way on Gods fine earth am I going to traverse that hill side again. So Mac and cheese is done and time to sit and scoff and slosh and watch a movie...goodnight all and God bless. XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment