Tuesday, 17 May 2016

How gorgeous is Gordes?

...off the scale.  We were blessed with another lovely spring day.
It's our second time in Gordes. It was one of the highlights of last year...and I just had to go back.
In fact...God willing if there ever is a next time,  I'd like to stay for a week or so and relax, soak it all up and paint...it's an artists paradise.  The scenery...the colours...magic.
I took the photo of the Castle wall/tower as it had the trail of vapour from an aircraft...'the old and the new'. 
We had an amazing lunch looking out onto the slightly newer part of Gordes on the other side of a sort of chasm and the valley in the distance.  I was proud of myself, for I ventured out onto that little balcony this year...last year we stayed inside...tick heights off the list of phobias...well almost.
There was so much more to see there...like an abbey, lavender farm, a village of dry stone huts...the list goes on...so much history and of course Roussillon is only a hop skip and jump and just as wonderful...but sadly time ran out...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment